Our Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Triune God – one Holy Being but three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. 1 John 5:6-7
- We believe that God the Father is the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe. Isaiah 40:28
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, was born of the Virgin Mary, suffered and died for our sins and sicknesses, were physically raised from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and now sits at the right hand of God the Father, from where He will come again to earth. Luke 1:27-35; Ephesians 1:20; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church. Ephesians 5:23
- We believe that man, by nature, is a sinner and without being born again through Jesus and his sins washed away by His blood will not see God. Romans 5:12
- We believe that Jesus has commanded His church to proclaim the gospel to all the world. Mark 16:15
- We believe that through faith in Jesus Christ by receiving Him as Lord and Saviour we have eternal life and that salvation is a gift from God unto men. Ephesians 2:8
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments in their original writing as fully inspired by God and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- We believe in the principle of heterosexual relationships between a natural man and a natural woman within the confines of lawful matrimony. Genesis 2:21-24
- We believe that the one true Church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit; that the local church on earth should take its character from this and that the new birth and personal confession of Christ are essentials of Church membership. Hebrews 10:24-25
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances: Baptism in water and the Lord’s Supper to be observed as acts of obedience and as perpetual witnesses to the cardinal facts of the Christian faith; that Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water as a confession of identification with Christ in burial and resurrection and that the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of the remembrance symbolic of the Saviour’s broken body and shed blood in remembrance of His sacrificial death till He comes. Colossians 2:12; 1 Corinthians 11:24-26; Rom 6:4
- We believe the Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the Lord. 2 Corinthians 7:1; Hebrews 12:14
- We believe in the doctrine and sanctification as definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time birth and continuing until the consummation of salvation. 2 Peter 3:18; 1 Thessalonians 5:23
- We believe that Heaven is a place of the living God and the eternal home of born-again believers. John 14:2; Revelation 7:15-17
- We believe that there is a Hell and it is a place of darkness, deepest sorrow and unquenchable fire, which was not prepared for man but for the devil and his angels; yet it will become the place of eternal separation from God for all who reject Jesus Christ as Saviour. Matthew 13:41-42
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the sign of speaking in other tongues. Acts 1:5; Acts 2:4
- We believe in tithing and offering that it existed before the law, during the law and after the law. The writer of Hebrews establishes the tithe as a New Testament practice. Tithing are ordained of God to sustain His ministry, spread the Gospel and release personal blessings. Malachi 3:10, 1 Corinthians 16:1, 2; Gen 14:18-20; Hebrews 7:8
- We believe in the coming of the Lord Jesus. The certainty of His coming and the fact that no man knows the hour of His coming prompt our evangelistic efforts; that the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven, the dead in Christ shall rise, and the redeemed will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. Matthew 24:36, 42, 44; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Our Church Mission
The reason we exist is:
To win the lost for Jesus Christ and to teach the apostolic doctrine to all people, that they may come to salvation.
To teach biblical principles for practical living and gain everlasting life.
Leading individuals through discipleship, developing and training them for ministry.
To worship and follow the Almighty God and to be a church where people experience the Power of God.
To be conscious of the needs in our society, and to make our spiritual, physical, economic and social contribution as a church.
To be able to be a church where the love of Christ is felt.
History of Gospel Workers Ministries
Our beloved Pastor, William B. Norris, is the founder and Senior Pastor of Gospel Workers Ministries in Bloemfontein, South Africa. On the 8th of February 1977, Pastor Norris accepted Jesus as his Lord and Saviour.
When Pastor Norris was born of the water and of the Spirit, his life began to unfold as God had a master plan in mind. This was the start of the rich history of Gospel Workers Ministries in 1982. God has given him the mantle to function as an Apostle. He established churches throughout the years, and there are many individuals who are now in ministry and pastoring churches because of his ministry.
While having a demanding job as a manager in a large insurance company, he was also leading a small congregation. The house of Pastor and Sister Myrna Norris was then used to have church meetings. The houses of the few other members were also used to have church gatherings.
On weekends revival meetings were held in different towns around the Free State and South Africa. He has also ministered in different countries internationally. Still working full-time became demanding, and Pastor Norris resigned his secular job after 21 years and became a full-time pastor in 1995.
Pastor Norris is a man with great vision, and soon church services were being moved from their home to a community hall. This moving also lead to the hiring of busses to transport people from around Bloemfontein from specific points to the hall and particularly to help the poor to come to church as the church payed for the busses.
The church grew in numbers and the bus route expanded from one area to six different areas in the greater Bloemfontein. With the church growing in numbers, it was time for bigger office space. The Lord again provided office space to set up the administration office of the church. Pastor Norris also planted churches across South Africa and currently six network churches are under his spiritual guidance. Pastor Norris also has a television Ministry that is aired weekly on Kruiskyk TV.
Pastor Norris is also a devoted family man and he resides with his wife Sister Myrna Norris in Bloemfontein. They have three lovely children Genevieve, Natasha, Isaiah and a granddaughter Chazaya. Pastor Norris and Sister Myrna are also spiritual parents to other children and adults.
Gregory van Heerden
P.A. Sen. Pastor
Audio & Visual
Audio & Visual